Professional microneedling is a minimally invasive treatment for skin and hair rejuvenation. A device with multiple tiny needles is applied to the skin to produce microscopic puncture wounds in the top layers of the skin. The body naturally attempts to repair the damage by producing collagen and elastin during healing. Boosting collagen reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, smoothes acne scars, restores lost volume, and improves the overall texture, firmness and thickness of the skin. The procedure also triggers the creation of new skin cells using the body’s natural healing process. Microneedling is often called collagen induction therapy or dermal rolling.
Microneedling is not just for the face. It can be done on any area of the body where the skin needs repair including stretch marks, and acne scars on the chest, back and rear. And it is excellent to promote and restore hair growth.
I apply the principles of Chinese medicine in this procedure, incorporating body acupuncture to improve circulation and enhance the effects of this treatment. Combine with Biomat and Light Therapy for best results. Usually done 3-6 weeks apart, 4-5 treatments minimum are recommended.
All colors of Light Therapy help to improve circulation, decrease inflammation, and encourage collagen production, but each one offers it’s own benefit and is utilized based on your skin presentation and needs:
- Blue (470nm) helps to combat bacteria and is good for sensitive skin
- Red (630nm) is good for inflammation, increasing collagen production and smoothing texture
- Yellow (590nm), Orange (610nm), and Green (525nm) are helpful for pigment issues, dark spots, blemishes
- Purple (Blue + Red) improves lymph flow and microcirculation
- Near Infrared Light (850) boosts overall skin health, blood and lymph flow, collagen production and pigmentation