Dipl.Ac. (NCCAOM), BMPT II (Goiz University)
- NCCAOM Nationally Board Certified Acupuncturist
- National Diplomate in Acupuncture
- Licensed in Florida & Georgia
- Certified Biomagnetic Pairing Therapist, Level II
- Certified Shen-Hammer Pulse and CDM/COM Instructor
- Over 29 years of experience in healthcare in both Western and Asian medical systems.
- Graduated summa cum laude in 2008 from Dragon Rises College of Asian(Oriental) Medicine.
- 2007 – 2014: Continued direct collaboration and advanced studies with world renowned Dr. Leon Hammer in the Shen-Hammer CCPD system and CDM/COM theories.
- 2009 – 2017: DRCOM Instructor, CDM series; Assistant Instructor, Acupuncture Theory & Techniques, Shen-Hammer Pulse, Case Studies, Clinic Supervisor.
I grew up in Tallahassee and after a seventeen year career in Respiratory Therapy moved to Gainesville, FL to enroll in the rigorous program at Dragon Rises College of Asian(Oriental) Medicine where I earned a Master’s degree in Acupuncture and Asian Medicine and a Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences. I am nationally board certified and an NCCAOM Diplomate.
I practice Chinese Medicine with an emphasis in Contemporary Asian Medicine® theory, a methodology and series of new concepts and ideas developed by Dr. Leon Hammer. This system is unique in its approach of information gathering and organization, relying on Contemporary Chinese Pulse Diagnosis as a diagnostic cornerstone. Taking into account the impact of modern day conditions, such as the increased pace of life, changing societal roles, and ever increasing environmental toxicity, this level of study is steeped in both Classical and Traditional Chinese medicines, incorporates Five Element Theory, and utilizes the many strengths of the diverse traditions and theories of Asian medicine.
I am one of only a handful of practitioners in the country who utilizes the Shen-Hammer pulse system, Contemporary Asian Theories, and the only one who continues collaboration and advanced studies with the world renowned Dr. Leon Hammer, attaining a level of expertise that has allowed me to join the faculty and to supervise interns in the student clinic at Dragon Rises College.
On a more personal note, I am happily married and together we have 4 grown children. I enjoy outdoor activities, have a fondness for the sea, absolutely love music (live music especially), and spending time with friends and family, cooking and gardening.